Cohn & Wolfe, a top global public relations firm, is seeking a highly creative, motivated candidate with an interest in Consumer public relations to work as a Consumer Account Coordinator in our New York office. We are looking for a proactive team player who has an outgoing personality and is not afraid to think outside of the box. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong research and analytical skills. He/she must be detailed oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. A solid working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint along with an interest in public relations, marketing, and corporate communications is required.
This is a paid position and all candidates must be available to work full-time (approx. 40 hours per week) for a contract beginning immediately.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements.
- Create and maintain media lists, handle routine media inquiries, and help secure media interviews
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client’s business.
- Handle basic research of Client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client’s message.
- May coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client(s).
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, other Ad/PR agencies and other account staff members at Cohn & Wolfe to service the Client(s).
- Recent graduate or rising senior
- Previous internship experience at a PR agency, interest in Consumer public relations is a must
- Solid working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superb organization/attention to detail and time management skills
- Preferred experience in community management, social strategy, and social media analytics
- Moderate knowledge in social media platforms & tools including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Foursquare, Radian 6, Sysomos, Social Radar, Hootsuite
- Additional helpful experience: Google Analytics, Ad Words, Photoshop, Spredfast, InDesign
Cohn & Wolfe is a strategic public relations agency dedicated to creating, building and protecting the world’s most prolific and successful brands. With offices around the world, the agency is committed to breaking new ground in the delivery of cross-channel media strategies, creative programming, and practice area excellence. We are recognized year after year by clients and the industry for excellence in creativity, client service, digital communications, media strategy, senior management and strategic counsel. For more information, visit: www.cohnwolfe.com. Cohn & Wolfe is part of WPP Group plc, one of the world’s largest communications services group.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter to Melin Thomas at melin.thomas@cohnwolfe with “Consumer Account Coordinator” as the subject line.
Cohn & Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.