Wyndham Worldwide is one of the world’s largest hospitality companies with more than 30,000 employees across six continents. We offer individual consumers and business customers a variety of hospitality products and services as well as various accommodation alternatives and price ranges through our premier portfolio of world-renowned brands.
We offer people with talent; passion and integrity a world of opportunity…Come join our family!
We strive to cultivate a global workforce where talented individuals from a wide array of backgrounds, with different experiences and viewpoints are valued. We have a culture rich in diversity where personal accountability, professional growth opportunities and recognition for a job well-done are everyday occurrences.
Events Manager Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and manage pre-site meeting logistics including venue selection, contracting, meeting space, food and beverage, A/V, rooming lists
- Establish and manage individual event budgets
- Manage registration process, database and related reporting and processing
- Negotiate and manage additional labor for events
- Conduct site visits
- On-site event execution including but not limited to oversight of F&B, registration, security, temporary staff, audio visual services, transportation and program evaluations
- Planning and execution of special sponsored events in conjunction with industry events
- Negotiate, manage and execute logistics for busy trade show calendar.
- Work with third-party exhibit company on delivery, installation and operation of trade show activity
- Work with internal clients on messaging, collateral, giveaways and other trade show elements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations related preferred with a minimum of 7 years related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with all facets of event planning, trade show delivery and third-party management in a corporate.
- Familiarity with domestic venues, destinations and service providers
- Proven success managing third-party vendors and relationships
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information clearly, concisely and creatively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat)
- Strong Organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines.
- Attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Job expertise and confidence to advise at all levels of the organization on event planning matters
- Ability to ensure detailed needs are met while having the ability to think creatively in order to maximize company budgets and overall attendee impressions
Application details: http://careers.wyndhamworldwide.com/jobs/manager-events-parsippany-new-jersey-1513851