Here is an amazing freelance opportunity to work with great clients! Recent graduates with relevant internship experience are welcome to apply.
Temporary Public Relations Account Manager Job Description Overview:
To facilitate, orchestrate and maintain on-going client relationships, some of which are celebrity clients, for a minimum of five (5) existing beauty industry clients. The ideal candidate will demonstrate effective knowledge of community leadership and the workings of the beauty industry as well as effective knowledge of print, electronic and Internet media, particularly those that impact client activities. This high performer will provide high-quality professional advice and service to clients according to acceptable standards of the profession and the firm. This person will conduct personal activities in accordance with the professional standards of First and Last PR.
Function: To provide professional counsel and account service while managing firm’s relationships with clients. Reports to CEO & Communicator-in-Chief.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Write, format and pitch beauty stories to national and regional beauty and business media including print editors, online editors, TV producers and bloggers effectively for various media as required. This will include sending out one pitch per client each week.
2. Proactively manage outreach to and daily requests from all media on press lists for daily outreach and constant follow-up.
3. Manage day-to-day client activities, including research, planning, implementation and evaluation of public relations activities, and paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and client records. Maintains continual contact with clients, and strengthens rapport between the company and the client.
4. Identify and suggest new ideas for pitching product and editor outreach.
5. Assist with the creation of presentation decks as needed.
6. Monitor any press clips and read articles to stay abreast of what’s happening in the beauty industry and with all clients.
7. Work with PR Assistant for any product sends to ensure that the right products are sent and arrive on time via USPS, FedEx or email.
8. Coordinate and supervise staff and vendors needed to carry out client service requirements, and ensures quality, cost-effective service, within budget and established timeframe.
9. Review and approve accuracy of client time and expense reports necessary for invoicing, ensuring the attachment or inclusion of proper support data.
10. Ensure conference, action, monthly, time and expense reports are completed in a timely manner.
11. Ensure that supervisors are kept fully informed regarding activities and plans of individuals and clients.
12. Work harmoniously with fellow employees.
13. Perform telephone protocol.
14. Maintain inventory and mail/ship product to editors/writers
15. Contribute to any meetings and/or client recaps
Skills: Interest in the beauty industry Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Cision and all social media platforms Writing Technology Social media Time management Punctuality Responsiveness Detail-oriented
Ad hoc: Occasional weekend hours for participation at offsite client special event. Occasional travel within and outside of New Jersey. Seek new business opportunities and follow-up with leads. Performs other duties as assigned. Ensure work area and files are neat, clean and orderly. Ensures personal compliance with company policies.
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter and any examples of work to: Stephanie Scott, email@example.com