Assistant Manager, Social Media Marketing (Job Number: 60487)
Assistant Manager, Social Media Marketing
The Assistant Social Media Marketing Manager is a key member of the marketing team, responsible for lending expertise in the areas of social monitoring and publishing as well as specific expertise in YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest. In this role, the Assistant Manager will work closely with the Manager and a cross-functional team to ensure ongoing operations of our social media strategy, as well as playing an integral role in shaping the social media future for “R”Us Brands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise and ownership in management of social platforms such as Curalate and Sprinklr for publishing and analytics to Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Provide expertise and manage our TRU and BRU YouTube channels.
- Provide expertise and management of visual platforms. Inform the organization on best practices for Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr in terms of photography, copy, hashtag usage.
- Provide expertise in social listening space and help develop our listen and respond strategy.
- Measure and adjust all activity for proper social KPI’s (engagement, reach, fan growth, and where applicable, ROI) and recommended changes to improve key performance indicators.
- Weekly, ad hoc, and campaign reporting on TRU and BRU brand activity on all social platforms.
- Monitor competitive efforts and recommend changes as needed.
- Assist Manager to develop Social Media Roadmap, and maintain Social Media Matrix.
- Collaborate internally with “R”Us, Marketing, Operations, Marketing Intelligence, Digital Media team, Public Relations and other internal key stakeholders to share social channel results and provide recommendations.
- Assists with evaluations of new platforms, tools, and techniques to position “R”Us brands for growth
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, design or related area preferred, not required
- Experience: 2-5 years social media marketing experience (including hands on use of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram).
- B2C experience required
- Retail experience desired
- Strong organizational skills with sharp focus on detail, accuracy and accountability
- High energy in fast-paced environment
- Creative Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across business departments
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and English grammar
- Comfortable with web and mobile technologies
- Requires a passion for social media and intense curiosity about the future of how consumers interact with each other, consume and engage with content, and develop affinity to brands online.
- Actively engaged in using social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Working knowledge of website analytic tools
- Proven experience in effectively managing and executing marketing programs.
- Understanding of SEO and search as it relates to social media publishing
- Experience and demonstrated ability using social media analytic tools (Sprinklr, Omniture, Facebook Insights, Curalate)
- In tune with key trends in emerging and social media, and able to make appropriate recommendations for how we participate in emerging social platforms.
To apply: https://toysrus.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=60487