Assistant Account Executive, Crisis Management
Job Number: 002035 http://www.webershandwick.com/work-with-us
–United States-New York-New York
Weber Shandwick’s Crisis Communications & Corporate Issues Management Practice helps leading organizations develop the internal culture and infrastructure needed to anticipate, prepare and manage issues and negative events affecting reputation. The team’s crisis experts have been involved in preparing for and responding to some of the most visible political and corporate crises. Whether it is a program affecting internal stakeholders or an external effort to protect or defend an organization’s reputation, Weber Shandwick brings a strong strategic perspective founded on international experience, understanding and insight.
The team’s crisis experts have worked with the world’s leading companies and been involved in preparing for and responding to a broad range of crises, including social media and reputational crises, financial issues, litigation, product recalls, activist campaigns, governmental investigations and enforcement actions, environmental issues, workplace incidents, and labor relations.
The ideal candidate will possess incredibly strong writing skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. He or she will be intimately familiar with current events and news trends and comfortable providing analysis. Familiarity with social media and digital communications is a requisite, along with a strong academic record and a demonstrated interest in communications and issues management. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must pay meticulous attention to detail and be able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Conduct research for specific projects and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing the findings of the research
- Draft media materials based on outline or direction from supervisors
- Support new business initiatives through the development of pitch materials and background research
- Actively participate in and contribute to discussions surrounding clients’ media strategies
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Monitor for print, online, broadcast and social media and the development of client media reports and ongoing client issues and crises
- Prepare initial drafts of client updates (as needed and requested)
- Prepare clip reports and executive summaries as needed by team and client
- Proof and edit internal and external documents
- Develop and maintain media contact lists and databases
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter and Resume – including GPA information
- Short answer (no more than 1,000 words): Briefly describe one brand (company, person etc.) that has experienced recent reputational issues and give your opinion as to whether you believe they were managed successfully or unsuccessfully and why. Also provide examples of what you would have done differently.
- You must be a college graduate
- Internship and/or prior work experience highly desired in public relations, journalism, communications, political campaigns, law or a related field
- Available to work a full-time schedule
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Professional demeanor
- Can meet urgent deadlines consistently
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Desire to pursue learning and self-development
- Strong awareness and understanding of current events
- Can ask for assistance from other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations and marketing agency with offices in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of thinkers, strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as a 2014 Ad Age A-List Agency, The Holmes Report’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, and winning 23 Cannes Lions together with its Stockholm based Prime unit since 2009. Weber Shandwick was also named PRWeek’s International Consultancy of the Year and The Holmes Report’s Best Healthcare Consultancy in the World in 2013, in addition to earning numerous best place to work accolades. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Assistant Account Executive, Crisis Management
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.