Toys”R”Us, Inc. in Wayne, NJ is seeking a star intern to start immediately through December/January, with the possibility of an extension at the conclusion of the program. This is a PAID, full-time position. Ideal for recent college graduates. College seniors: full-time for summer and then 3-days per week. This is a great opportunity to get in the door at an amazing company!
Key responsibilities include:
· Support the Consumer Public Relations team by working with teams internally to gather and organize information and help draft communications materials, as necessary. Assist in fielding media calls regarding Consumer PR announcements, coordinating photo and video shoots and interview requests.
· Support the Consumer Public Relations team by helping ensure all corporate press materials are up-to-date and accurate on an ongoing basis. This includes, but is not limited to: corporate fact sheets, press releases, interview briefing materials, key message points, pitches and media alerts.
· Develop, write and edit weekly public relations (PR) reports on an ongoing basis to report business PR activities to Toys“R”Us, Inc. executives. Provide thorough debriefing of all public relations activities. This includes gathering, tracking and reporting media coverage; reviewing and writing recap documents that provide recommendations for future endeavors.
· Monitor and keep the team abreast of trends in media coverage about the retail and toy industries and alert team to competitor news immediately to ensure the team and executives participating in media interviews are prepared to respond, if necessary. Update media lists by continually researching and identifying changes in coverage responsibility and/or new reporters with whom the team can build relationships.
· Maintain positive relationships with media contacts on an as-needed basis, supporting activities and relationships of other Corporate Communications team members. Learn how to handle reactive media calls by obtaining all pertinent information and making recommendations on company response based on an understanding Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us procedures.
Send cover email and resume to:
Toys”R”Us, Inc. l Assistant Manager, Public Relations
Check out some of the work they are doing at: http://www.toysrusinc.com/press-room/