all 2015 Internship – New Jersey Devils/Prudential Center (Newark, NJ)
2015 Internships – Prudential Center and NJ Devils (Newark, NJ)
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
Are you ready to take a leap toward an action-packed career in the highly competitive field of sports and entertainment? An internship with Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils provides valuable hands-on experience in an ever-changing and dynamic environment. Become part of the excitement!
Prudential Center is a world-class sports and entertainment destination and proud home to the 3-time Stanley Cup Champions, the New Jersey Devils. Opened in 2007, the state-of-the-art Pru Center has had a record-breaking 2014, attracting the world’s biggest stars, in addition to hosting Seton Hall basketball, family shows and concerts. Considered one of the world’s best arenas by Venues Today magazine, we are committed to delivering an unparalleled sports and entertainment experience for our guests, fans and partners and transforming the communities we serve. To realize our vision of innovation and excellence, we are dedicated to attracting the best talent in the industry…are you ready to be challenged?
Student must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program (undergraduate juniors and seniors preferred; qualified sophomores may be considered).
Student may receive academic credit toward graduation.
Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student.
Student must be able to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays as required.
25-40 hours per week (dependent upon position)
To be considered for an internship, students MUST submit the following
Cover letter noting department(s) he/she is most interested in
A Human Resources representative will contact you if we should need further information or would like to schedule an in-person interview. Resumes are kept on active file for six months.
QUALIFICATIONS (Applies to all available internships):
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Ability to work well under pressure/time constraints
Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays as required
Must be self-motivated, organized, hard-working
Must be outgoing, personable, and energetic
- SOCIAL MEDIA:
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and expand web-based marketing including Facebook and Twitter pages
- Firm understanding of all social media
- Strong writing skills needed
- Assisting with up-to-date team and player activates
- Maintaining the NJ Devils and Prudential Center website
- Understanding of HTML and code
- Ability to use Photoshop
- Organizing social media events to support player appearances
- Attend meetings with Marketing staff when possible
- Additional projects and duties as assignents
- COMMUNICATION/ PRUDENTIAL CENTER PUBLIC RELATIONS:
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and edit press releases and written materials
- Assist in arranging press conferences and media opportunities
- Assist in executing media preparation on event nights
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Organize press shop
- Provide administrative duties in support of daily tasks including answering phone calls and emails, filing, etc.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- Additional Qualifications:
- Interest in media relations and public relations
- Experience writing and editing for print
- Interest in learning how the various areas of Prudential Center work together
* Note: This is not an internship with the New Jersey Devils PR department. While this internship works closely with the Devils brand, it concentrates on Prudential Center and all events as well as the surrounding community.
MORE OPPORTUNITIES AND TO APPLY: