Fashion Intern, Women’s Health-NY
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Rodale is currently accepting resumes for fashion interns for Women’s Health. These paid opportunities are open to current sophomore-senior undergraduates who are actively pursuing a career in a field directly related to our industry. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record, previous internship experience and an interest in the chosen area of the business. These internship positions are based in New York, NY location and will run from approximately June–August 2015.
Interns will participate in the day-to-day operation of the fashion or beauty departments. There may also be the opportunity to write small pieces.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting fashion editors’ with daily administrative tasks
- Assisting editors’ on photo shoots: place ready-to-wear on clothing rack, lay out accessories and shoes, steam all garments, photograph photographed garments and list the garments brand/designer name, and PR house
- Managing daily correspondences with PR’s on a daily basis
- Check in all press samples (including ready-to-wear, accessories and fine jewelry): create invoices, photograph samples, place samples on the respective editors’ rack
- Setup for run-throughs, and prepare press samples for return: maintain and update all press sample invoices
- Pack and unpack trunks for photo shoots
- Assist editors’ with keeping up to date records, and research of fashion brands and news
- Maintain and update all press sample invoices
- Maintain fashion closet by keeping it neat and organized at all time’s
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently
- Interest in the fashion / beauty and publishing industries is preferred
- A preferred major for this opportunity, may include but not limited to Fashion, Communications, English, and Journalism
- Good written and verbal communication, and be both resourceful and organized
We are seeking upbeat, enthusiastic team players who are highly organized and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Rodale has made a positive difference in the lives of millions of people. Perhaps we’ll make a difference in yours. Discover this career opportunity and more at http://www.rodaleinc.com
About Rodale: Rodale is a global lifestyle company with a mission to inspire and enable people to improve their lives and the world around them. Through a broad portfolio of leading media properties, Rodale reaches more than 70 million people around the world through multiple distribution channels, including magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer and video. Rodale publishes some of the best-known health and wellness lifestyle magazines, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Running Times and Organic Gardening, and is one of the largest independent book publishers in the United States with a collection of bestselling titles including Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite and Flat Belly Diet. The company is also widely regarded as a digital leader in the areas of health and fitness and has launched three digital properties—Fitbie.com and YouTube channels 3V and Tasted. Rodale continues to expand its reach through an ever growing list of award winning mobile applications and partnerships, and is a leader in direct-response marketing with more than 27 million active customers in its database. To learn more about Rodale, visitwww.rodaleinc.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.