Two simple words remind us that great ideas shatter expectations. Two simple words set Ketchum apart.
When we say break through, it means our employees work to create the changes our clients seek, to exceed their expectations, and to bring tangible benefits to their business and fulfillment to our own careers. This belief has led to enjoyable and long-standing relationships with our clients, who entrust us with many of the best-known brands in the world, and with the up-and-comers that will be tomorrow’s top brands. It’s what sets Ketchum apart, what attracts people to Ketchum, and what makes them want to stay!
Additional information on Ketchum and its award-winning work can be found at www.ketchum.com.
The Group – Ketchum Sports and Entertainment:
Driving mass market trends and stimulating online and offline water cooler chatter, the entertainment verticals can bring unrivaled value to a brand seeking to align with pop culture and tap into a consumer’s existing passion points. Ketchum Sports & Entertainment (KSE) understands this value and has expertise in leveraging the drama and emotional connections of entertainment to cut through the clutter of marketing messages to help brands connect with their consumers.
KSE strategically aligns brands with athletes, celebrities, film, television, digital, and music properties via: promotions, events, product integration, talent endorsements and engagement, digital media outreach and partnerships, influencer outreach, integration deals, and sponsorships.
Not to mention, we have fun doing it. This is a group of extremely driven team members, who are just that – a team. It’s a roll up your sleeves environment where good ideas come from every level and we work seamlessly to deliver results for our clients, every time.
Our growing Ketchum Sports and Entertainment marketing groups seek an entry-level Account Coordinator to join our NYC office.
The Account Coordinator will play a significant day-to-day role on high profile KSE clients. A demonstrated passion for media relations, knowledge of social media, and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment are a must. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and a passionate interest in sports PR.
- Develop/update client status and budget reports on a monthly basis.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs.
- Prepare and implement public relations program components for clients, including developing media lists, special event coordination, writing and/or distribution of press releases, program reporting and research.
- Demonstrate a team player attitude by being flexible and responsible; be self-motivated, resourceful, manage time efficiently, and show enthusiasm for the business.
- Help to coordinate all necessary materials for client presentations.
- Initiate and maintain weekly and monthly recaps for all projects.
- Help to conduct agency brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of client budgets.
- Assist in the research/development of program components for current clients and new business opportunities.
- Maintain and update account files. Consistently strive to increase knowledge of agency/client procedures, your own knowledge of the public relations/sports marketing field, as well as your clients’ business.
- Research and pitch ideas to target media for sports clients.
- Be able to communicate effectively in all written and verbal reports.
- Be detail oriented and able to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in an organized manner.
- Continuously strive to increase knowledge of company policies and procedures as well as client business.
Best qualified candidates will have up to one year of full-time public relations and/or sports marketing experience in an equivalent agency environment or boutique firm. Strong internship experiences in those environments are also considered. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of delivering thorough, self-directed results for account teams.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field
- At least one year full-time related work experience and/or two internships at an agency or equivalent
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of social media tools
- Excel skills and comfort with spreadsheets
- An appreciation for working in a strong team environment