MANAGER, MEMBERSHIP AND COMMUNICATIONS
NEW JERSEY RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION
TRENTON, NEW JERSEY
Creates and implements a comprehensive annual membership campaign to acquire new members and retain and upgrade current members. The Membership and Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieving specific revenue goals from membership-level giving;
- Growing the overall number of members to a specific target;
- Ensuring a positive member experience – and high retention rates – through the creation and implementation of a successful membership services program;
- Working closely with staff to develop members as active participants in programmatic initiatives;
- Develops and implements communication/marketing plans and strategies.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reports to the President, serves as a member of the Executive Team.
- Manages the development and production of products and services created for members;
- Manages the Association’s affinity programs;
- Assists in the content development of association product/service catalogs and other promotional efforts;
- Recommends and develops new member programs and services;
- Recommends new member programs;
- Serves as project manager for the production of membership information delivery and collateral material – including e-mail, e-news, newsletters, brochures and other publications and mailings;
- Serves as liaison for membership recognition lists in publications including: annual report, newsletter and website;
- Assists in the preparation and management of membership department budget;
- Supervisory experience preferred as they will be supervising volunteers and will need supervisory experience for advancement
- Develops and implements traditional fundraising techniques and new initiatives to acquire new members and sponsors
- Manages the membership application approval process.
- Manages the prospect database in sufficient detail to support association activities.
- Maintains accurate and current member databases
- Publishes monthly and annual reports on membership status.
- Develops and manages membership recruitment efforts including maintenance of standard letters and schedule for follow-up to prospective members.
- Coordinates member profile questionnaire changes with other staff;
- Arranges membership education events in coordination with staff
Membership Feedback Systems:
- Develops and manages processes for regularly identifying member needs;
- Develops and manages process for member feedback on programs and services;
- Ensures high quality records management and customer service for existing and potential members
- Creates and maintains innovative partnerships with businesses or other institutions that contributes to the agency’s resources;
- Manages the relationship with civic organizations to ensure these groups are committed to supporting the organization;
- Creates effective communication/marketing materials reflective of the organization’s mission and appropriately represents the association;
- Serves in an advocacy role assisting with legislative issues
- Must possess flexibility, good judgment, maturity and evidence of executive demeanor and diplomacy.
- Presents themselves as an articulate and knowledgeable spokesperson for the organization.
- Highly energetic self-starter with proven capabilities as a leader and administrator.
- The individual is expected to be a highly competent enabler of volunteers, staff and Board members.
- Salesmanship and the ability to inspire and motivate prospective members
- Accuracy, timeliness and strong organizational skills essential
- Excellent writing and speaking ability and strong interpersonal skills necessary
- High energy, positive, “can ‐do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative required
- Minimum three to five years membership and/or marketing/PR experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven skills managing and directing volunteers.
- Supervisory experience preferred as they will be supervising volunteers and will need supervisory experience as the department grows.
- Database management experience and knowledge of fundraising software preferred
- Strong writing, speaking and grammar skills
- Experience with new media technologies, such as blogs, twitter, and online social marketing preferred
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Competitive Base Salary and Benefits Package
President and CEO
1069 West Broad Street
Falls Church, Virginia 22046