Job: Communications / Public Relations
Primary Location: United States of America-New Jersey-Parsippany
Type of Employment: Full-time
Business Unit: Global
Join our family of talented individuals from around the world who work together to send people on the vacations of their dreams!
Explore the many opportunities available at Wyndham Exchange & Rentals to further your career and become part of a team dedicated to making this a great place to work.
As the global leader in vacation exchange and the world’s largest professionally managed vacation rentals business, Wyndham Exchange & Rentals (WER) helps to deliver dream vacations to leisure travelers, including our approximately 3.7million RCI subscribing members. We provide access for specified periods to over 107,000 vacation properties in approximately 100 countries, including vacation ownership condominiums, traditional hotel rooms, villas, cottages, bungalows, campgrounds, city apartments, second homes, fractional resorts, private residence clubs, condo hotels and yachts. We also provide products and services to our clients that help support the growth of their businesses and the leisure real estate industry around the world.
Working from the business’ headquarters in Parsippany, N.J., and reporting to the Senior Director of External Communications, the Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for providing PR support to the company’s vacation rental and exchange businesses. This includes coordinating and implementing public relations and communications activities; managing the development, approval and distribution process for press releases and other materials; monitoring the media; and tracking and measuring results. The Public Relations Specialist will also assist in the development of various communications vehicles for internal constituents such as business development, operations and marketing.
- Utilize online public relations software programs to regularly update and maintain media contact lists, editorial calendars, placement reports and other public relations databases.
- Maintain media centers and update copy to ensure consistent, timely and strategic messaging throughout various websites.
- Monitor the media daily for brand mentions and stories related to timeshare, vacation exchange, vacation rentals and relevant topics for placement into weekly report.
- Compile activity reports, press materials and relevant work to present at meeting with senior leadership and regional representatives.
- Assist in the planning of press briefings, photo shoots, media tours, press trips and all other initiatives and events related to public relations.
- Contribute to media relations campaigns in an effort to generate awareness for the company’s brands in local, regional and national consumer and trade publications, as well as through social media, online and broadcast media outlets.
- Work with subject matter experts to draft, edit and distribute press releases that support the company’s business strategies and the vacation rental and exchange businesses.
- Manage the internal review and approval process, including obtaining senior management and legal approval for all communications.
- Assist in the copywriting and development of communications vehicles such as letters, newsletters, brochures, direct mail, email and other materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field required.
- Public relations or communications experience within an agency or corporate environment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines, within budget and with high quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to obtain and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Understanding of the Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- Ability to work independently as well as with other individuals at all levels across multiple functions.
- Ability to build relationships with senior level management, associates and media across the business and region.
- Understanding of various social media channels.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.