Promotions & Marketing Intern
We are seeking energetic, motivated, and professional individuals who would like to gain experience in the day-to-day business of a Promotions and Marketing department in the #1 radio market in America. This internship would be with the 6 Clear Channel New York radio stations (Z100, KTU, Power 105.1, Q104.3, 106.7 Lite FM and WOR) for the Fall 2014 semester. This is an unpaid internship for college credit only. We do not provide reimbursement for transportation. The internship will begin in September 2014 and conclude in the middle of December 2014. Please be aware that this position will require approximately 20 to 35 hours per week.
• General office duties
• Assisting with contests and prize fulfillment.
• Interacting directly with station listeners and winners.
• Participating in the planning and execution of remote events.
• Attending sales and marketing brain-storming sessions.
• Assisting at major station events in our private iHeartradio Theatre presented by PC Richard & Son .
• Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
• A major in Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications or Event Planning.
• Students must be eligible to receive college credit and provide a letter from the Academic Advisement department stating so.
• Knowledge of our 5 stations and their demographics.
• The ability to adapt in a team environment.
• Reliable transportation to East Rutherford, NJ and Manhattan (preferably your own car).
• Available at least two days during normal business hours (M-F, 9a-5p) and weekends.
• Must be energetic, outgoing and have the ability to address a large crowd (100+ people) over a microphone.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, list of completed courses, and references to JimmyKearny@ClearChannel.com. Also, please put “Promotions/Marketing Internship” in the subject line.
Lindsay Berberich | Promotions Assistant
Clear Channel Media & Entertainment – New York City
32 Avenue of the Americas | 2nd Floor | New York, NY | 10013
Office: 212-549-1573 Fax: 212-549-0655