TEN GREAT FALL INTERNSHIPS – NJ
Katelyn Petersen, email@example.com
201.641.1911 x 18
About CPR Strategic Marking Communications:
CPR creates powerful, integrated, strategic marketing and communications plans for today’s aggressive media world. We understand how communications can support organizational goals and our team listens and works cooperatively to define problems and opportunities in both the long and short terms. CPR empowers messages for defined audiences to launch products and services, attract clients and elevate awareness. Our proactive campaigns filter external factors, identify internal forces and unleash potential for domestic and international companies of all sizes, emerging and established, complex and simplistic. Headquartered in Elmwood Park, N.J., CPR has applied proven, prioritized principles of communications and marketing for publicly traded companies, privately held entities and not-for-profit organizations since 1981.
Internship Program Requirements/Job Description:
We are looking for self-starters, articulate writers and strong communicators possessing a strong interest in the public relations field. While we are flexible and considerate of your class schedule, this hands-on internship position requires students to work two full days during the week. The knowledge you’ll acquire during your tenure with our agency will help you immensely when seeking a full-time PR position. Please email cover letter, resume and writing samples to: Katelyn Petersen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern responsibilities include:
Creating media lists
Drafting pitches and press releases
Pitching the media
Maintaining client clip books
Assisting with social media efforts
Communications major (public relations, marketing communications, etc.)
Strong writing & communications skills
Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Demonstrated organizational skills
Compensation: Travel stipend / College credit
Coyne PR is currently accepting INTERN applications for the fall of 2014!
Our internships in one of the many practices areas/account teams are designed to give students the opportunity to participate in a variety of PR projects. You will compile “today’s news,” put together clip logs, media kits and mailings, have the opportunity to learn about and potentially pitch stories to the media, and write media alerts and/or press releases. Our primary goal is to provide a meaningful experience for students to participate in different areas, contribute to different functions and learn about the various aspects of public relations.
If you are a creative design student, we also have an internship available in our state-of-the-art graphic design studio, where we employ graphic designers, flash designers, and multi-media and video professionals.
What are the specific details?
• Interns are assigned to a specific team, though they may work on different projects or events if other teams have a need.
• We pay our interns $8.00 an hour and will work with your University or college in order for you to receive credit for your internship experience, since credit requirements are set by your institution.
• Hours are flexible and we work with your class schedule. The average week is 15-25 hours.
• Most internships are in our Parsippany, NJ office, although there is one opportunity in our Manhattan office.
• It’s easy to apply- just submit a resume and cover letter to Tina Calo email@example.com (WPUNJ alum!)
Coyne Public Relations, LLC, is a full-service public relations agency with expertise in a variety of categories. The agency consistently displays the knowledge and creativity that has made it one of the country’s fastest growing agencies. Prominent companies including The Walt Disney Company, Hard Rock International, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Chrysler, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Mary Kay, Shell Lubricants and Pfizer look to Coyne Public Relations to create high-profile public relations programs that deliver significant results and help them achieve their marketing communications goals. The agency has won more than 100 industry honors in just the past year. Recent awards include being named Midsize Agency of the Year by PRWeek, Consumer Agency of the Year, Best Agency to Work For in America and Small Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report.
5 Wood Hollow Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Green Room Communications in Boonton, NJ is looking for a driven, detail-oriented candidate that is interested in joining our team as a FALL 2014 Intern. Green Room’s program provides interns with first-hand experience working as part of an agency communications team
•The PR Internship is paid and/or interns may be able to receive course credit as determined by their university/college
•The PR Internship requires approximately 10-15 hours per week; flexible hours are available to align with school and other work schedules
•College student studying communications/PR/marketing or a related field
•Interest and/or experience in healthcare
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Design and develop informational, media and promotional materials such as press releases, media alerts, brochures, overviews, bios and fact sheets
•Participate in media monitoring and media list building activities for all Green Room PR clients, demonstrating a working knowledge of all clients
•Provide Green Room account team with organizational and administrative support, including developing new business plans and presentations, marketing materials, media monitoring and other administrative activities
•Become proficient in public relations and media programs including Vocus, Meltwater and Factiva
•Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written
•Exhibits professional demeanor
•Manages time effectively and is able to meet deadlines
•Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to multi-task and balance priorities
•Pays attention to detail and is dedicated to quality in all work
•Possesses basic computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About Green Room Public Relations:
Green Room PR is a hybrid agency, focusing primarily on serving clients in the pharmaceutical industry that brings together the experience and results of a larger agency with the customer service and personalization of a boutique firm. A core team of solid PR and media experts work together to assess client needs and build customized “dream teams” tailored to achieve flawless execution.
Samantha Koons (WPU Alum!)
Account Executive, Media Relations
Green Room Communications
℗ 973 263 8585 x29 © 973 903 1050
Public Relations / Events Internship Bloomingdale’s NJ APPLY NOW
Bloomingdale’s Public Relations/Events Internships
Fulfill your college internship requirement in the fast-paced Public Relations Department at Bloomingdale’s. Through this for-credit Fall internship, you will be exposed to the professional development, communications, organization, and planning skills that will provide the framework for a successful career in Public Relations, Event Planning or Media Relations.
The intern will be partnered with the Bloomingdale’s PR team in The Shops at Riverside and Willowbrook Mall and will gain exposure to all aspects of special event planning. This includes, but is not limited to:
– partnering in planning and execution of all in-store events for the Bloomingdale’s locations in The Shops at Riverside and the Willowbrook Mall
– troubleshooting on-site during events
– the creation and placement of in-store event signage
– the development of the monthly events calendar
– event promotion, including online event postings
– assisting with sweepstakes prize fulfillment
The intern will learn how events and products are promoted through local media outreach. The intern will work with the Bloomingdale’s Public Relations team, and be exposed to and assist that team with the following:
— brainstorming pitch angles
— securing calendar listings
— tracking, recapping and archiving media coverage
— researching media outlets and opportunities
— downloading images and copy from website for media usage
-college junior enrolled in 4-year degree program in related field, i.e. Fashion Marketing, Public
–minimum 3.2 GPA
–strong written and verbal communication skills
–excellent interpersonal skills
–proficient in Word and Excel
The intern must receive college credit for the internship and, before the internship begins, provide Bloomingdale’s with documentation indicating the amount of college credit that will be awarded.
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to:
Kristin Bradley | Public Relations Manager | The Shops at Riverside & Willowbrook Mall
Bloomingdale’s | 400 Hackensack Avenue | Hackensack, NJ 07601
Percepture is a strategic communications firm that helps clients achieve exponential growth. We provide traditional marketing and public relations services as well as digital marketing, social media and metrics analysis for both consumer and business-to-business companies.
Location: Branchburg, NJ Compensation: $10/hr.
Main Job Purpose: To provide support to each of Percepture’s core service categories
• Public Relations
• Marketing & Branding
• Social Media
• Digital Marketing
• Analytics & Metrics
• Report to the project manager on accounts in which you are supporting
• Basic event scheduling, coordination and administration
• Media clipping, organizing and reporting
• Data collection for marketing projects
• Media progress tracking
• Manage product request processes
• Social media networking
• Social media interaction
• Marketing campaign support
Skills / Qualifications:
• Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior work experience preferred
• Availability: At least 2-3 full days per week
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be a self-learner and self-motivated
• Required skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Social Media Platforms
(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
Send resumes to:
Colleen Conover firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Connelly Public Relations is looking for smart, creative, committed and collaborative talent – individuals with sharp minds, big ideas and a willingness to work hard to achieve extraordinary results. In exchange, we offer freedom from mediocrity, bureaucracy and office politics and the opportunity to learn from some of the best public relation minds in the industry. We are seeking individuals who want to grow, hone their natural talents and be recognized for their efforts.
We are looking for motivated, passionate individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit interested in the financial communications industry. Interns must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week from our Parsippany, NJ office. This is a paid internship.
• Assists with the development and updating of media lists and other databases
• Supports the firm’s efforts by performing research and competitive analysis
• Assists in drafting pitch letters
• Assists in preparing various social media endeavors including tweets, blogs, etc.
• Participates in creative brainstorm sessions
• Attend team meetings and listen in on client calls
• Ideal candidates are actively enrolled in or recent graduate of a college or university’s journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program.
• Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA overall
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations assignments and possess an understanding of basic media relations skills
• Working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing is necessary
• Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
• Achieve a high grade on entry level public relations test
Interested candidates may send their applications to Careers@jcprinc.com. Please include the following: A current resume, two writing samples, recommendation letter
Jennifer Connelly Public Relations (JCPR) is an independent public relations agency developing and executing strategic, multichannel communications campaigns for public and private businesses across a broad range of industries. Deeply integrated into the industries it serves, JCPR maintains specialized practice groups in Finance, Technology, Commercial Real Estate, Professional Services, Health & Wellness and Innovation & Leadership.
JCPR offers a full suite of communications services including corporate reputation management, crisis and issues management, graphic design, marketing communications, media relations, social media strategy and execution, thought leadership development and content development. The firm additionally provides complete visual communications through its production company, JCIP.
For more information, visit http://www.jcprinc.com.
Fast paced boutique PR firm is seeking undergraduate students who are eager to gain real world, hands-on experience by supporting our growing roster of high profile clients. Our interns participate in all aspects of public relations from client meetings and events to press release writing, media list development and research. If you are passionate about public relations and want to be a part of our team we encourage you to apply.
About the Company
Located in Millburn, NJ, GLA Communications represents consumer technology companies such as Dish Network, Technicolor, RCA and industry trade associations and trade shows including the International Consumer Electronics Show, the world’s largest consumer technology show. We work closely with national TV and radio outlets, such as Good Morning America and the Today Show, and national print media including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek. Social media is a key aspect of our public relations campaigns.
For more information on GLA Communications, visit http://www.glapr.com.
• With guidance from our experienced staff, interns are responsible for:
• Researching and developing targeted media lists
• Monitoring coverage and preparing client reports
• Editing press releases, media pitches
• Assisting with new product launches
• Assisting with planning press events and conferences
• Participating in staff meetings and client calls
• Junior or senior majoring in public relations
• Computer literate and experience with Microsoft Word and Internet research
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be passionate about public relations
• Must be eager to learn and be part of a team
Part time schedule – hours and days will be flexible to fit your academic responsibilities
Paid internship $10.00/hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
973-564-8591 x 105
310 Rt. 17 North
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
201-760-0200 ext. 101
Rob Bailey Communications (RBC) is a generalist firm with strong expertise in media relations, corporate communications and special events across diverse industries including: consumer products, media, business, sports, entertainment, hospitality, music, celebrities, national & international touring, corporate, and more. RBC combines the creativity, drive and special attention of a boutique agency with the experience, depth and resources of a larger firm. A well-respected 15-year industry veteran, Rob Bailey created RBC with the goal of leading a firm that draws upon a hybrid mix of large and boutique agency approaches. RBC is a small group of smart, passion-driven professionals, who love what they do.
The RBC Internship Program has proven to be highly successful. Everyone at RBC works hand in hand with students to teach them about Public Relations, client relations, account management and relevant industry skills and techniques. The one-on-one coaching & teaching interns receive at RBC through The Internship Program has yet to be rivaled at any other agency and has proven to be a highly valuable experience for all involved.
Four (4) openings for Fall 2014 interns in our Upper Saddle River, NJ office. RBC can offer an interactive, hands-on opportunity to learn up close and personal, the Public Relations profession. Our interns will learn:
• How to research clients, their relevant industries and appropriate media outlets
• How to write effective media materials & pitches
• How to pitch stories & ideas to the media
• How to create comprehensive & accurate media lists
• How to track, collect & quantify media coverage
• How to optimize their Public Relations resume & cover letters
The internship positions are unpaid, but the professional and educational value is tremendous. Everyone who has participated in our program has walked away with important and applicable working knowledge of the Public Relations industry and has been able to add relevant, desirable working skills & experiences to their resume.
The Syndicate (www.thesyn.com) is an independent entertainment marketing agency based in Weehawken, New Jersey. We offer a wide range of marketing and promotional services within the music, comedy and publishing sectors, including radio promotion, street marketing, publicity, event planning, and digital design. Additionally, The Syndicate operates two online properties:www.metalinsider.net, which features metal music news and analysis, as well aswww.thelaughbutton.com – for all things comedy.
– Must have strong interest in music, entertainment, lifestyle trends, and pop-culture
– Must be able to earn college credit
– Must be able to commit to being in the office from 10am-6pm, 2-3 days per week
– Ability to multi-task and take direction in a fast-paced environment
– Very strong organizational skills
– Ability to navigate the internet for research purposes
– Working knowledge of current social media platforms
– Excellent written and communication skills
– Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop. Additional computer and software knowledge is always a plus!
Responsibilities of Intern:
Interns will take on a myriad of responsibilities across our various departments over the course of their internship here. Some tasks they will likely tackle during the semester are:
-Writing blog posts, articles, tweets, and Facebook posts for our various platforms
– Executing radio mailings
– Writing promotional stickers for our radio department
– Assisting our Street Marketing team with their nationwide campaigns
– Performing daily office duties
– Internet research (pertaining to music, comedy, and entertainment)
Credit/Paid/Stipend, etc. details:
Student must be able to receive college credit and will be paid a travel stipend of $15/day
Any other application requirements (resume, writing samples, etc.):
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Victoria Havlicek, email@example.com
BML Public Relations is a fast growing NJ-based consumer-focused public relations agency specializing in publicity services, product launches and placement, branding events and social media. Some of our clients include Smashburger, Pole Position Raceway, American Dairy Association, Feld Entertainment and many more! We are currently searching for driven, energetic, outgoing and creative interns to join us. This is a paid internship!
We operate in a fun, casual and collaborative environment, with a work hard, play hard philosophy. We love what we do and require our colleagues to bring the same passion to the office every day. Our all hands on deck approach will allow you to do more as part of our team than at most agencies. You will have the opportunity to learn by doing, not by watching, on a daily basis.
Interns will not get coffee or make copies, they will:
• Monitor media for our clients
• Write press materials and pitch memos
• Use Vocus media database
• Pitch media
• Staff events with the team
• Layout client placements
• Participate in brainstorming sessions
• Miscellaneous administrative work
• Must be a communications/public relations student
• Social media experience including the use of Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Four-Square, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
• Creative thinker
• Reliable and responsible
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Schedule TBD based on your school schedule. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Lowe, CEO
BML Public Relations
356 Bloomfield Ave., Suite 2
Montclair, NJ 07042