The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is looking for a Social Media Marketing intern to help strengthen our brand online. We are a leading forum for the investment community with a mission to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the financial industry. A nonprofit professional organization with approximately 9,000 members in the New York metro area, NYSSA is affiliated with CFA Institute which has more than 110,000 members worldwide.
The Social Media Marketing intern will work alongside our marketing team to craft messaging, create and post content, track results, and help with additional marketing initiatives for the team. Particular focus will be on:
· Social media –help implement a strategy and take ownership of generating activity and producing content through Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
· Content strategy – develop blog posts, articles, and features for our website as well as outside media outlets. We want to establish ourselves as thought leaders in our space.
The perfect candidate is interested in/has a proven track record in BOTH digital marketing and financial services, since the content generation/tracking responsibilities will be related to our industry. Must be social media savvy using Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google +. In addition, this individual will have:
• A solid understanding of the internet and social media best practices
• A strong social media and/or blogging presence
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field (or pursuing one)
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• The ability to function in a team work environment
• A diligent work ethic, must be self-motivated and able to take initiative to get the job done
• A working knowledge of HTML is a plus
The intern will also need to regularly come to our Times Square office weekly – though we can be flexible based on the student’s schedule. A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week is required.
• This position will be a paid internship with 15-20 hours a week
• Multiple semesters are strongly preferred.
If you have students who qualify and are interested, please contact me as soon as possible.
Carol M. Khoury
Director of Membership, Marketing & Event Services, NYSSA