We are seeking a paid public relations intern to start immediately and remain with us throughout the summer. This will be a hands-on internship where you will learn a lot about the field of fashion PR. Yes, you will be trafficing samples but you will also gain valuable experience working directly with fashion editors, stylists and bloggers. Pay is $8 per hour on a freelance basis.
– Available to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10AM – 6:00PM (early release on Fridays in the summer).
– Highly organized and detail oriented.
– Strong interest in fashion, media and public relations.
– Current student or recent graduate who studied fashion, journalism, PR, communications or a related field.
– Active on social media, where you follow major fashion blogs and publications.
– Punctual, reliable and enthusiastic.
Desired Skills and Experience
– Sample trafficking, checking samples in and out and maintaining collection inventories using our online system, Mayvien.
– Assisting with editor and stylist pulls in the showroom.
– Maintaining visual standards in the showroom, ensuring all collections are merchandised and presentable before appointments and meetings.
– Writing and sending pitches to editors, stylists, reporters and bloggers to obtain coverage of clients.
– Clipping and scanning client media mentions and press placements.
– Researching and updating our editorial contacts list.
– Assisting at events as needed.
– Assisting the Account Executives on various tasks as needed.
Apply to anna@vpr-NYC.com