MSLGROUP is currently seeking an Account Executive for our Healthcare practice in our New York office. As an integral member of the team and a primary contact for major pharmaceutical accounts, this Account Executive will be responsible for the execution of PR plans and the day-to-day account activities. This includes placement of stories through media pitching (traditional and social), event planning, writing press releases and fact sheets and overall client satisfaction. Opportunities currently exist on both science-focused and consumer-focused accounts within our health practice.
• Executing PR plans and day to day client activities – creating press kits, coordinating events and meetings, conducting outreach in the social media space.
• Developing relationships with digital and traditional media and continuously learning about new and emerging technologies.
• Daily monitoring of media for news and information about our clients.
• Placing stories through media pitching (traditional and social).
• Event planning and medical meeting support.
• Writing press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, and blog posts.
• Participating in brainstorming, office activities, staff meetings and client meetings as well as ensuring overall client satisfaction.
• Researching and assisting with program and presentation development for existing clients and new prospects.
• Analysis and reporting.
• Executing tactical elements of client programs from start to finish.
• 2+ years experience in healthcare public relations at an agency or corporate in-house;
• Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media required;
• Experience working on multi disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives;
• Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media;
• Solid relationships and working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists, specifically in the healthcare space;
• Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism; and
• Excellent writing skills are essential to this position, as well as great attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking and being proactive.
MSLGROUP is Publicis Groupe’s strategic communications and engagement group, advisors in all aspects of communication strategy: from consumer PR to financial communications, from public affairs to reputation management and from crisis communications to event management. With more than 3,700 people, its offices span 22 countries. Adding affiliates and partners into the equation, MSLGROUP’s reach increases to 4,000 employees in 83 countries. Today the largest PR network in EMEA, Greater China and India, the group offers strategic planning and counsel, insight-guided thinking and big, compelling ideas – followed by thorough execution. Learn more about us at: http://www.mslgroup.com + http://blog.mslgroup.com + Twitter + YouTube.