Public Relations firm in Newark seeks a Junior Account Executive. Full time hours from 9am-6pm Monday through Friday. The applicant needs to be well organized, a strong writer, have knowledge of Excel, Word, and other Microsoft software and be willing to learn.
Working alongside our staff, you will face deadline pressures and high expectations of our clients. You may spend a morning writing and pitching a press release to media. In the afternoon, you may be attending a client meeting, updating a website, designing an e-newsletter, writing a brochure, updating social media sites or making phone calls. You must be able to multi-task well.
To succeed here, you need an open mind and an eagerness to learn. You need to understand how the news business works, and must be current on the news around us. You need to be a quick writer, thinker and executer. You need to be able to cut through the clutter and solve problems to help enhance goals of our clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing press releases and other news items, promptly and cleanly.
- Assisting account executives with whatever tasks they need, from following up on phone calls pitching media, to writing activity reports for clients to monitoring meetings.
- Updating websites and social media sites.
- Proofreading of press releases, articles and other copy.
- Development of spreadsheets for client reports.
- Development and updating of media lists and other databases.
- Assisting with the distribution of client information/materials or the firm’s marketing materials.
- Assisting with the management of outside vendors, including printers and freelancers.
- Basic office administration, including answering the telephone, making copies, filing.
- Assisting staff with other clients, business development and other projects as needed.
Suggested skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required. Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, WordPress and Joomla! is a plus. Knowledge of Social Media is also a plus. Also, we are looking for energetic employees eager to learn new skills, solve problems and ask smart questions.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB|