Fast paced boutique PR firm is seeking undergraduate students who are eager to gain real world, hands-on experience by supporting our growing roster of high profile clients. Our interns participate in all aspects of public relations from client meetings and events to press release writing, media list development and research. If you are passionate about public relations and want to be a part of our team we encourage you to apply.
About the Company
Located in Millburn, NJ, GLA Communications represents consumer technology companies such as Dish Network, Technicolor, RCA and industry trade associations and trade shows including the International Consumer Electronics Show, the world’s largest consumer technology show. We work closely with national TV and radio outlets, such as Good Morning America and the Today Show, and national print media including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek. Social media is a key aspect of our public relations campaigns.
For more information on GLA Communications, visit www.glapr.com.
With guidance from our experienced staff, interns are responsible for:
- Researching and developing targeted media lists
- Monitoring coverage and preparing client reports
- Editing press releases, media pitches
- Assisting with new product launches
- Assisting with planning press events and conferences
- Participating in staff meetings and client calls
- Junior or senior majoring in public relations
- Computer literate and experience with Microsoft Word and Internet research
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be passionate about public relations
- Must be eager to learn and be part of a team
- Part time schedule – hours and days will be flexible to fit your academic responsibilities
- Paid internship $10.00/hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
973-564-8591 x 105