Violet PR (www.VioletPR.com) is seeking an entry-level Account Coordinator to be a part of a growing PR firm based in Montclair, NJ, to service business and consumer accounts. As an Account Coordinator, you will report directly to the Agency principal to support a diverse range of clients in fields that include real estate, automotive, economic development, media and architecture. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing practice; advancement opportunities abound.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching target media lists using Cision and the Internet
- Drafting pitches and news releases; distributing to target media
- Media pitching (initially focused on trade press) and tracking progress of existing pitches
- Executing social media programs for clients and for Violet PR; updating Violet PR website and client websites as needed.
- Compiling and preparing client reports, includes merchandising and quantifying media placements for clients
- Researching speaking opportunities and editorial calendars for client opportunities; managing and tracking award entries
- Planning itineraries for media tours and press trips
- Maintaining and updating account files. Consistently striving to increase knowledge of agency/client procedures, your own knowledge of the public relations field, as well as your clients’ business.
- Participating in client calls and meetings; responding in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs.
- Administrative assistance for the Agency principal
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary, perks including free coffee and bagels, and opportunities for growth. Interested and qualified candidates should send an email with cover letter including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively
- Be detail oriented and able to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in an organized manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Social media savvy, with experience using Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Genuine interest in reading media coverage and understanding media relations process
- Ability to understand editorial calendars, identify relevant media opportunities for clients and schedule pitches accordingly, with direction.
- Stay up to date on trends in client industries through following websites, blogs, daily/weekly newsletters.
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of PR tools including Cision, PR Web, Pitch Engine and PR Newswire a plus.
- At least one year full-time related work experience and/or two public relations internships.