Edelman is looking for Summer 2014 Interns!
Please apply to this application if you are interested in our Summer Internship Program in the New York City office.
The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of CisionPoint is preferred. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations or a rising senior looking to gain experience in a large PR agency before their final year of college. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Basic understanding of principles of PR
- Basic understanding of clients’ business
- Participation in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
- Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
- Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
- Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
- Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
- Update media lists
- Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
- Familiarity with AP style
- Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the supervisor
- Conduct and compile research
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.)
To tell you a little about our internship program:
- The duration of the internship program is a minimum of 10 weeks and a maximum of 6 months
- Interns are paid $10.00 per hour, and are non-exempt employees
- Interns need to be able to work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:30).
- Application deadline is February 28, 2014
Application details: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EDELMAN&cws=6&rid=3674
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.