Summer Internship Program is posted and will only be live for three more weeks, until January 3rd, 2014. Seeking top-notch, motivated students to join the team for 10 weeks next summer. Apply at careers.ogilvy.com, job ID 2309BR.
So you want to be an Ogilvy Titan? Ogilvy Public Relations is looking for college juniors from all majors with a demonstrated passion for public relations, evidenced by relevant course work, internships, or extra-curricular activities.
We’re aiming to build a company of giants. We’re not looking for giant egos, only giant thinkers. Your curiosity has gotten you this far; now see if it can earn you a spot as an Ogilvy Titan.
The Internship Program: Ogilvy PR Summer Interns will learn the public relations business by supporting a team, like an apprenticeship. That means doing anything that moves a project forward, including work on research, media, client services and more. You will participate in an ongoing project with other interns, designed to challenge and supplement your on-the-job learning, while giving you exposure to some of our most prominent leaders.
We offer you:
•10-week paid internship (June to August 2014)
•Hands on learning experience
•Weekly seminars and training opportunities
•Opportunity to work with the best and brightest
•Networking with industry thought leaders
•Excellent verbal and writing skills
•Self-motivated, self starter
•Demonstrated leadership skills
How to apply: You must be a college junior to apply. You must be available for the 10-week internship from June to August 2014.
The application deadline is January 3rd, 2014.
**BEFORE CREATING A PROFILE, TAKE NOTE OF ALL REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS**
- Once you click “Apply to Job,” there will not be another listing of the required documents.
- After you upload your resume and indicate your educaiton/work experience, a section titled “Submit Attachments” will open. This is where you upload the required application materials listed below.
- Only applications with all required documents will be considered.
To apply, first create a profile on careers.ogilvy.com. Then submit the following items (hint: if it’s not all there when you apply, it won’t be accepted. Has something to do with attention to detail):
2. In a Word document, list your top three practices of interest (healthcare, corporate/public affairs, media relations, Social@Ogilvy, insights & research, or brand marketing). For more information on our practices, please visit http://www.ogilvypr.com/.
3. Two professional or educational letters of reference (whatever will best show off who you are and why you belong at Ogilvy)
4. Writing Samples: Please answer only two of the following questions, each in under 400 words: • If you are hosting a dinner party on Friday night and could invite 3 people- one from the past, one from the present and one from the future – who would they be, and why? • Why are you interested in starting a career in public relations? • Your client has just briefed you on a revolutionary new product that the company intends to call “the cell phone.” The cell phone is described as a convenient product that allows us to communicate more easily throughout the day. Write a press release on this new product. (You can add any information you feel necessary, within reason, but please follow the appropriate format of a press release).
5. Review your application and submit!
Who We Are: Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2012, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index, named Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year by the Holmes Report, won Consumer Consultancy of the Year in Asia Pacific (Holmes Report), and won the WPP global, top award (WPPed Cream, Crème de la Crème) for the fifth time in six years. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the
proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy
& Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at http://www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr.