Award-winning public relations and marketing communication firm, MWW (www.mww.com) is seeking an entry-level Account Coordinator to be a part of an award winning, media savvy, results-driven public relations team. Account Coordinators are an integral part of the account team and are responsible for key support functions for clients.
Account Coordinators primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing materials according to specifications, distributing to appropriate media vehicles before established deadlines and tracks progress
- Preparing and implementing public relations program components for clients, including media contacts, special event coordination, writing and/or distribution of press releases, program writing and research.
- Compiling and preparing client reports, includes merchandising and quantifying media placements for clients
- Participating in logistical operations of special events planning and coordination
- Providing research data for public relations planning and strategizing including internet searches
- Maintaining and updating account files. Consistently striving to increase knowledge of agency/client procedures, your own knowledge of the public relations field, as well as your clients’ business.
- Assisting in the research and development of program components for current clients and new business opportunities.
- Assembling press materials, press kits and product shipments
- Responding in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively
- Be detail oriented and able to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in an organized manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Social media savvy, with experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Genuine interest in reading media coverage and understanding media relations process
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- At least one year full time related work experience and/or two public relations internships
NYC Office location. Application information: https://jobs-mwwgroup.icims.com/jobs/2588/account-coordinator/job
Also hirng SAEs, Supervisors and SVPs. View listings here: https://jobs-mwwgroup.icims.com/jobs/intro