External Communications Specialist (Temporary)
Wyndham Exchange & Rentals
Working from the business’ headquarters in Parsippany, N.J., and reporting to the Senior Director of External Communications, the External Communications Specialist will provide copywriting support and assist in the development of various communications vehicles for internal constituents such as business development, operations and marketing. The External Communications Specialist will also be responsible for coordinating and implementing public relations programs and activities, managing the approval process for press releases and other communications materials and will assist in efforts to ensure consistency of content and messaging in all mediums.
- Assist in the copywriting and development of communications vehicles such as letters, newsletters, brochures, and other materials.
- Work with subject matter experts to draft, edit and distribute press releases that support the company’s business strategies and the vacation rental and exchange businesses
- Manage the internal review and approval process, including obtaining senior management and legal approval for all communications.
- Contribute to media relations campaigns in an effort to generate awareness for the company’s brands in local, regional and national consumer and trade publications, as well as through online and broadcast media outlets.
- Assist in the planning of press briefings, photo shoots, media tours, press trips and all other initiatives and events related to public relations.
- Utilize online public relations software programs to regularly update and maintain media contact lists, editorial calendars, placement reports and other public relations databases.
- Maintain media centers and update copy to ensure consistent, timely and strategic messaging throughout various websites.
- Monitor the media regularly for articles and stories related to timeshare, vacation exchange, and relevant vertical topics.
- Compile activity reports, press materials and relevant work to present at meeting with senior leadership and regional representatives.
Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to obtain and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Strong understanding of the Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- 1-3 years public relations or copywriting experience in a corporate or agency environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally if necessary.
- Ability to work independently as well as with other individuals at all levels across multiple functions.
- Ability to build relationships with senior level management, associates and media across the business and region.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines, within budget and with high quality.
- Understanding of the various social media channels and how to implement them in a corporate environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft World, PowerPoint and Excel.
About Wyndham Exchange & Rentals
Wyndham Exchange & Rentals is the worldwide leader in vacation exchange and the world’s largest professionally managed vacation rentals business, providing access to more than 106,000 vacation properties in approximately 100 countries. The vacation exchange business includes RCI®, the worldwide leader in vacation exchange, The Registry Collection®, the world’s largest luxury exchange program, and Endless Vacation Rentals®. The vacation rentals business is comprised of a diverse and celebrated collection of rental brands offering professionally managed cottages, villas, condos, apartments, private homes, park lodges, boats and camping accommodations across more than 600 unique destinations worldwide. Each year, Wyndham Exchange & Rentals provides more than 5 million leisure-bound families with vacation exchange and rentals services and products. Wyndham Exchange & Rentals is part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies (NYSE: WYN).
EXCLUSIVE DETAILS ONLY ON www.PR109.com : Position starts in November and runs until summer. Possibility for full-time permanent position.
The most important skill by far will be the ability to write engaging and compelling copy. There will be some PR activity and involvement as well but the large majority of work will be copywriting.
SUPERSTARS ONLY send your resume directly to: