Hospitality Marketing is seeking a Public Relations and Social Media Senior Account Executive. Position deals with traditional media relations, community relations, publicity and promotions, marketing communications and crisis communications for urban boutique hotels in NYC and LA.
We seek an expert in high-end, sophisticated regional, national and international media relations to facilitate pitches and partnerships. Draft press releases and provide thorough follow up. Holistic integration of social media with traditional PR within various social media platforms.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Secure property-specific press coverage and media placement through an effective media schedule of press release / kit distribution, pitches, assists, media missions, press trips and social media platforms. Develop and maintain traditional and social media relationships for local, regional and national press. 1a. Write press releases, write and submit byline articles as needed.
- Develop annual and monthly public relations / social media plans for properties including content calendars, and manage the implementation of action steps.
- Initiate and facilitate strategic, targeted, response-driven editorial efforts; cultivate and maintain media lists; maximize public relations/social media budget with strategic editorial initiatives.
- Evaluate, develop and facilitate promotions, working with targeted media and sophisticated strategic partners representing both hotel guests and appropriate vertical markets; develop strategic media sponsorship opportunities that align with the brand and support room revenue generation.
- Travel as needed with expenses reimbursed based on prior approval.
- Coordinate and facilitate special events and promotions for properties and clusters.
- Track return on investment and provide result tracking reports Maintain detailed daily personal time tracking.
- Develop and facilitate community relations initiatives and campaigns.
- Evaluate, develop and facilitate promotions, working with targeted media and strategic partners; develop strategic media sponsorship opportunities.
- Assist with preparing staff to respond effectively in cases of crises; responding to crises and urgent issues; developing and nurturing community and crisis partnerships.
- Coaches the property spokesperson.
- Conduct social media reviews, audit social media responses, stay abreast of latest technologies/offerings/integrations.
- Assist in the implementation of press relations activities associated with sales promotions, special events, tournaments and other on-site programs. Conduct fulfillment of additional publicity opportunities utilizing media placement lead services.
- Assist with interview coordination.
- Provide monthly clipping report.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum seven years experience/performance executing high-end travel industry Public Relations / Marketing / Social Media communications with background inclusive of media relations, crisis communications, community relations, publicity, sales and marketing promotions, special events, social media channels and best practices.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English. Strong editorial pitching skills a must. Social media content development and execution required.
- A laptop computer (PC or Mac) with wireless internet, and a cell phone
- Experience with regional, national and international media relations and outreach, community relations, crisis communications, publicity, and promotions.
- Must possess a solid base of editorial contacts within Tier 1 and Tier 2 travel, hospitality, lifestyle print and broadcast media.
- Experience in cultivating media relationships essential.
Hospitality-Marketing was launched on January 1, 2013 as a Fort Lauderdale-based integrated marketing agency offering traditional and digital advertising, public relations and social media services.
The core group of more than a dozen full-time team members is housed in the heart of Fort Lauderdale beach, in a unique office environment on the edge of one of the largest marinas in the world. A professional yet casual environment that fosters curiosity and athleticism has proven to be conducive to stimulating camaraderie and creativity, and the majority of employees have been part of the team for longer than a year.
Prior to January 1, 2013, the business name was WHM Marketing Services, an in-house agency for LXR Luxury Resorts & Hotels, offering marketing communications solutions exclusively for LXR properties. WHM LLC is a management company controlled by The Blackstone Group to manage some of their hospitality assets.