DKC Public Relations, one of the top ten independent public relations firms in the U.S. is seeking a Fall Intern for the Entertainment Department in their NYC office.
Entertainment Public Relations Fall Internship with DKC Public Relations
The Fall Entertainment Internship offers the opportunity to work on a wide range of national and international brands including celebrities like Diddy, Clive Davis, Sammy Adams and 50 Cent, media companies like Yahoo! and Billboard Magazine, television shows like “VH1’s Big Morning Buzz Live” and PBS’s “Call The Midwife,” and spirits like Courvoisier.
An internship with Dan Klores Communications will consist of predominantly administrative duties with additional responsibilities commensurate to the commitment they demonstrate. The internship is unpaid and students must be qualified to earn school credit.
• Create media lists
• Conduct research on clients and competitors
• Perform general administrative duties (i.e., photocopy, faxes, paste ups, press kits and collate materials)
• Answer and screen telephone calls
• Participate in special projects (i.e., events, press conferences, brainstorms)
This internship program is open to UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who are currently enrolled in school and are in their sophomore year at a minimum.
Interns MUST meet the following criteria:
• Currently earning a college/university degree in a related field
• Available a minimum of 2-3 full days per week
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
New York City. Students must provide their own housing and transportation.
Hiring decisions are based on your major field of study, past work/internship experience, and extracurricular activities. No Public Relations experience necessary. We are looking for students who will make the most of this great opportunity.
The Fall internship program runs approximately from August 2013 – December 2013
DKC Public Relations, Marketing & Government Affairs
261 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016
T: (212) 981-5153
F: (212) 981-5353