Application details and MANY more jobs at: http://www.cohnwolfe.com/en/jobs
Cohn & Wolfe, a top ten global public relations firm, is seekinghighly creative, motivated candidates with an interest in public relations, to work as a full-time intern within our Healthcare practice group. We are looking for a team player who can deliver on results and is not afraid to think outside of the box. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong research and analytical skills. He/she must be detailed oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. A solid working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required and an interest in public relations, marketing, and corporate communications is a must. This is a paid position and all candidates must be available to work full-time (approx 40 hours per week). Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements.
- Create and maintain media lists.
- Handle routine media inquiries.
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client’s business.
- Handle basic research of Client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client’s message.
- Help secure media interviews
- May coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client(s).
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports.
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, other Ad/PR agencies and other account staff members at Cohn & Wolfe to service the Client(s).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- PR internship background preferred, not required.
- Basic understanding and interest of the field of public relations.
- Some knowledge of Client(s) or practice area helpful.
Cohn & Wolfe is a strategic public relations agency dedicated to creating, building and protecting the world’s most prolific and successful brands. With offices around the world, the agency is committed to breaking new ground in the delivery of cross-channel media strategies, creative programming, and practice area excellence. We are recognized year after year by clients and the industry for excellence in creativity, client service, digital communications, media strategy, senior management and strategic counsel. For more information, visit: www.cohnwolfe.com. Cohn & Wolfe is part of WPP Group plc, one of the world’s largest communications services group. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your resume to Joy.Edry@cohnwolfe.com with “NY HC Intern” as the subject line. Please include your resume and cover letter. Cohn & Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.