MTV seeks a full-time publicity coordinator to assist in the development and implementation of communications strategies for MTV’s programming publicity team, working daily with a broad range of media outlets that cover television, music, entertainment, digital, business and advertising. Internally, this candidate will work closely with and assist the other staff members on the communications team to compose press announcements, internal communications, press strategies and presentations. This person will also contribute press support on various MTV tent pole events. The position will be based at MTV’s offices in New York City.
- 2 – 3+ yrs experience in television communications, public relations or media relations working with and pitching reporters, securing story placements, managing and reporting follow-up, and coordinating events.
- Must understand the MTV brand as well as competitive brands in both traditional and emerging sectors, especially TV, digital, mobile and social.
- Possess experience and savvy within the digital and social media space.
- Strong writing skills as well as excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; good judgment and instincts with problem-solving.
- Demonstrated strong team player, ability to work under pressure of time constraints and strong business ethics.
- Must be proactive and self-starter as well as possess the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated independent and strategic thinker, able to take initiative and follow through on projects. Demonstrated ability to generate and present original work and concepts.
- Must be able to travel as needed for work/production/events and have willingness/availability to work evenings and weekends on occasion.