|Porter Novelli, a global top-ten public relations agency, is seeking a strong Assistant Account Executive for the expanding Corporate Communications group of our flagship New York office. AAE will work on corporate and B2B accounts and on new business opportunities, with a dynamic and highly-motivated team. The AAE plays an active role in coordinating and implementing daily account activity on behalf of the client under the direct supervision of a Senior Account Executive or a higher level supervisor. Offices are located downtown at 7 World Trade Center, with sweeping 360 degree views of New York City and surrounding boroughs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires understanding of corporate and internal communications.
- Execute client activities in a proactive, timely and efficient manner.
- Highly organized with ability to manage up and down.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of clients and accounts.
- Liaise with client and produce high quality communications content both internally and externally.
- Conduct daily activities for clients in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Write press materials, correspondence, conference/activity reports and other documents.
- Conduct research as appropriate (e.g., media outlets, competitive activities, market trends).
- Assist with planning and executing media activities and special events.
- Participate in team, division and brainstorming sessions.
- Track publicity results and other measurements.
- Develop relationships with media and manage media lists.
- Brings trends/media coverage/ideas to attention of supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates aptitude for the basics of public relations and media relations.
- Understands uses of PR tools: news releases, media kits, media tours and media relations.
- Understands the client’s industry, business and needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency when responding to client issues and requests.
- Prioritizes assignments and organizes multiple tasks and responsibilities effectively.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Exhibits creativity and sensitivity to matters of style in writing, brainstorming and troubleshooting.
- Is detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrates a positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to productive relationships with supply vendors, internal service departments, and great client service.
- Efficiency in database management, on-line research, and summarizing/presenting findings to manager, team or client.
Education and Work experience:
- One to two years of experience required, agency background preferred.
- BA degree preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or PR related discipline.