|Posting Job Description
||SUMMARY OF POSITION
Telepictures Productions, producer of hit shows including Ellen, EXTRA, TMZ, Judge Mathis and Bethenny, is seeking a Publicity Assistant for the New York location. This position provides support to Publicity in all facets of the job.
- Writes, drafts and services press releases, items, photos, photo captions on all Telepictures programming.
- Interfaces with unit publicists on each series to facilitate reports, action items as needed.
- Serves as back-up publicist on some series when unit publicist is out or on vacation.
- Pitches and coordinates photos shoots, interviews and broadcast interviews for some New York-based talent
- Drafts and services Telepictures corporate press releases, executive biographies and baby and marriage announcements; service to the trades
- Maintains publicity clips and generates daily electronic publicity reports for Telepictures and Warner Bros. executives.
- Assists unit publicists when on various remotes.
- Researches and distributes daily press clippings to Senior Vice President, Publicity and unit publicists.
- Maintains ongoing list of broadcast appearances for various talent.
- Maintains various media lists for the department.
- Troubleshoots various issues that arise, when necessary.
- Handles general office duties for the Senior Vice President.
- Performs basic administrative tasks (phones, faxes, set up of conference calls), coordinates travel for SVP and talent as necessary, maintains expenses and submits expense reports.
- May provide back-up assistance to other Telepictures executives on an as needed basis.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Typing: approximately 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of Macintosh, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook required.
- Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures.
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
- Previous entertainment experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.