Recent Grads and Grad Students! Paid Full-time Internships Edelman NYC
Edelman is looking for interns!
We are looking for interns in our New York City office.
The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Basic understanding of principles of PR
· Basic understanding of clients’ business
· Participation in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
· Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
· Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
· Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
· Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
· Update media lists
· Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
· Familiarity with AP style
· Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the supervisor
· Conduct and compile research
· Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
· Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.)
To tell you a little about our internship program:
· We have one to two interns, for each practice area, at any given time.
· The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
· Interns are paid $10.00 per hour, plus overtime.
· Most of our interns are post-graduate and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:30).
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 65 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2011 “North American Large Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.