Check back to for summer opportunities….
Danielle Ambrosio| Event Designer & Coordinator
Designer Affair Events
Designer Affair is a boutique event planning company created by Dina Manzo, former Real Housewives of New Jersey. Dina and her team of coordinators combine artistic creativity and stylish taste with precision planning and skillful event management to design an atmosphere that is captivating and the perfect “affair to remember”.
Our company handles all coordination for each episode of Dina’s Party on the HGTV network, along with weddings, baby showers, anniversaries, birthday parties and many more.
Event Assistant Internship Description
Designer Affair seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with all event planning efforts, resulting in an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about the event planning world. This is a very hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills in event industry and in production.
The Event Assistant will support the Director of Special Events and the Special Events Team in all aspects of event planning, preparation, and design. This will include, assisting with day-to-day activities in the office and in the field, which will vary depending on the type of event that is being coordinated. Candidate will be responsible for the prep of the event as well as all post event responsibilities.
* Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university during the upcoming Spring 2012
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications and CAD
* Experience with social media sites as well as blog writing
* Experience gathering information through internet research
* Excellent writing, research and communication skills
* Has a valid driver’s license and has daily access to vehicle
* Excellent attentiveness to detail, strong organizational skills and an ability to multitask
* Candidate must be responsible, a team player, dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals
* Experience in working with groups
* Physically able to lift 30-40 pounds
* Interested in or past experience with events management, design, interior design, set design,
communications, arts and/or related fields (preferred but not required).
* Must be able to work flexible hours and on some evenings and weekends
*Commitment to a flexible work schedule of at least 10-20 hours per week
*Able to work weekends if needed
*This position is unpaid and is for college credit only.
Special Event Director
Phone Number: 201.207.5871